Both AEM and Salesforce are excellent tools for your business. When used correctly, you can experience major benefits that will help your company reach new levels of success. However, integrating Salesforce with AEM can be difficult. If you’re running into issues, here’s what you need to know about configuring AEM to integrate with Salesforce.
Integrating With Salesforce
Integrating Salesforce with AEM affords you lead management capabilities. IT also works to leverage the existing capabilities you receive from Salesforce when you first purchase it. Configuring AEM to integrate with Salesforce allows you to create components that can directly access data located in Salesforce.
Adobe listed several factors that are a direct result of integrating AEM to Salesforce such as:
- Organizations to fully use and update data to enhance the customer experience.
- Engagement from marketing to sales activities.
While integration is beneficial, it can be difficult and complicated for those who are unfamiliar with the software. Thankfully, there are a few tips you can follow that will help you configure AEM quickly and efficiently.
In order to successfully configure AEM and integrate it with Salesforce, you need to configure your remote access application in Salesforce. Afterward, you can configure Salesforce Cloud Service, pointing it to the remote access application.
In order to configure AEM for Salesforce integration, follow these steps.
- Go to Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and go to Cloud Services. In “Third-Party Services”, select Configure Now.
- Create a new configuration.
- Enter the log-in information for your Salesforce account. If you don’t have one, you can create one here.
- Once inside Salesforce, go to Create, then select Apps in order to access Connected Apps.
- Click on New in order to connect AEM with Salesforce
- Enter the required information including your connected app name, API name, and designated contact email. Afterward, click Enable OAuth Settings box and enter your callback URL.
- Save your Salesforce configuration. Salesforce will then create a consumer key and consumer secret which are necessary for your AEM configuration.
- Go to Cloud Services and enter your previous information including the customer key and customer secret.
- Click on Connect To Salesforce.
- Go back to your website’s root page and select Page Properties. Then click Cloud Services, and add Salesforce. You then only need to select the appropriate configuration.
Configuring AEM to integrate with Salesforce can be difficult and complicated. If at any time you find yourself unsure of the process or have questions, consider reaching out to a qualified IT technician for help. There are professionals who make it their mission to help businesses integrate with Salesforce so they can continue to serve their customers in a timely and organized manner.
If you’re looking for a qualified Salesforce technician, consider reaching out to an IT staff and recruiting agency. These professionals can quickly get you in contact with qualified talent that can meet your needs. Available for both long-term and short-term hires, it’s always best to make sure your projects get done right the first time.
How Can Techbridge Help?
At TechBridge, our goal is to bridge the gap between business and employee, matching qualified workers with the companies who need them. If you have any further questions or you’re interested in our staffing and recruiting process, contact us today!